Being Shot by Aliens
The coding for the enemy gunfire was more straightforward than I was expecting. Once I'd worked out how to implement it, it came together without much of a problem. Now we have aliens that fire back, and it's the final piece of the puzzle; seeing everything working together simultaneously feels amazing!
This now leaves the following tasks:
- Create a proper 'Game Over' screen/event.
- Make the High Score update at the end of a game.
- Balance the difficulty by adjusting the alien movement zones.
- Introduce the increase in difficulty after each alien wave has been defeated.
- Adjust the speeds of the player gun, mothership, and alien lasers so everything 'feels' right.
- Compose the music for menu screen & incidental music for game start and game over.
I'm aiming to have all this done before next weekend (13th/14th June 2020).
Get BasInvaders (ZX Spectrum Next)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.